[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4700: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3832)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4702: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3832)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4703: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3832)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4704: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3832)
Plant Your Story • View topic - Mothers Day
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:51 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Mothers Day
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:27 pm 
Ethel

So today...my hubby came home and told me to make him a list of a few things I would like to have for mothers day. While I appreciate this...is it too much to want him to just find me something special? lol! Do you guys get Mothers Day gifties usually and if so...what are you hoping for this year?

Post subject: Re: Mothers Day
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:26 pm 

I feel this way too, Crystal. And since Micah has been in school, he has been too busy to even manage to remember that special days are coming, much less think up something to do for me for them. I try to remember to be thankful that he loves us and is working hard for us and not get my feelings hurt because he can't be bothered to remember :)

so, I really have no expectations or desires for this Mother's Day, I guess :)

|

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:10 pm 
Storyteller

I would prefer the thought and effort, rather than having to make a list. I might has well go out and buy myself something (and quite often I do).

But I have been known to drop subtle hints here and there. :)

However Crystal, if he's asking you for a list, it means that he's thinking about it (and not the day before!) and that's a good thing.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:52 am 
I Grow With ♥

I'm joining in here though I'm not a mom, lol. Just that I can appreciate what Garret is doing, Crystal. Mark is a HORRIBLE gift-giver. Seriously. So I've resorted to giving him a list of what I love and then letting him decide which to give me. :D Simple and sweet and I'll ALWAYS end up loving what it is, lol. I do this with my brother too (aw heck I'm surrounded by clueless men!) and he appreciates it, lol.

::

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:58 am 
Ethel

I guess thats a good way to look at it Leah and you are right girls! I should be grateful...I just don't even know what to put on a list!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:07 am 
Storyteller

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:10 am 

i usually pick my own stuff out cause my husband well a power tool isnt what i really wanted kwim?? LOL or the usual household item so i can cook better for him, uh no LOL

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:23 am 

I am definitely a list maker, too. I am not a girl who is into jewelry and flowers. I would much rather have some camera equipment so I always make lists. My husband loves to do surprises though and especially at Christmas. I always say, "Here, this is what I like and would use" LOL and usually I will just order it myself but he always throws in a little something that I don't know about. It's always so sweet and and I try to focus on the fact of him thinking of me but it's hard not to think about what I could have put that money toward in a new lens etc....LOL. I am hopeless, I guess!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:46 am 
Guest Storyteller

um.. guess i'll weigh in from the other side... when I was a preteen, teen and my pop was still around, for any holiday shopping we used to make a day of it, and head to the "mall". the kiddos and mama would have a head start. Favorite stores would get visits, things would get put on hold. Then we'd all meet up for lunch at a predestined spot and share where we'd been. After lunch we'd visit each other's store holds and pick out each other's gifts.

This way, everybody gets what they want, all the shopping gets done in one day, and there is some family time too.

Now, for Mother's Day, the routine is adjusted a bit - the kiddos go to jump planet or some other while mama "shops", sometimes with nana or the MIL & SIL now, and after lunch I take the kiddos home and DH bats cleanup and splits the loot up between him, the BIL and grandpa.

It can be a good thing, really. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:16 am 
Storyteller

For me I would love it if my husband would just surprise me with something. There is not much that I can think of that I really want right now. I just figure we have known each other for long enough he should know what I like by now! What I would really really like... is for him to take a day off work and spend it with us! That would be the perfect gift... he works all of the time!